Vision & Mission
To harness green and clean renewable energy sources in the State for environment benefits, mitigate Global warming/Climate change and Energy Security. Have Renewable Energy projects across the State either on grid or off-grid mode. To conserve & promote Energy Efficiency & Energy Conservation measures in Industrial, Commercial and Government establishments including domestic buildings
Aims and Objectives
- To harness the environment friendly RE sources and to enhance their contribution to the socio-economic development.
- To meet and supplement rural energy needs through sustainable RE projects.
- To provide decentralized energy supply to agriculture, industry, commercial and household sector.
- To supplement efforts in bridging the gap between demand and supply of power, with renewable energy sources and strengthening the grid system and evacuation arrangements for RE projects.
- To support efforts for developing, demonstrating and commercializing new and emerging technologies in the RE sector, and to this end, help establish linkages with national and international institutions for active collaboration.
- To create public awareness and involve users/local community along with capacity building in establishing, operating and managing RE projects.
- To establish dedicated renewable energy “Special Economic Zones” (SEZ) to promote renewable energy projects.
- To give necessary support & facilitation to the entrepreneurs and investors to successfully implement RE projects to produce more renewable energy without delay and to attract more investment in state by the private developers.
- To initiate necessary measures in energy conservation as per the guidelines of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Government of India.
- To create direct and indirect employment opportunities especially in rural and backward areas.